Did you recognize that the net took the simplest four years to reach 50 million customers? It took 38 years for radio, at the same time as TV made it in thirteen years. Here are some exciting statistics and facts about the World Wide Web:
1. Worldwide Web has evolved into an Objective C programming language.
2. An internet site’s “www” part is non-obligatory and isn’t always required by any web coverage or trendy.
3. Twenty consistent with cent of the sector’s population, 1.17 to at least one. Thirty-three billion humans now use the Internet. North America (seventy-two%) has the highest penetration, Africa (five%) at the bottom.
4. The period Internet and World Wide Web are frequently utilized in each-day speech without much distinction. However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not identical. The Internet is a worldwide statistics communications system. It is a hardware and software infrastructure that gives connectivity among computers. In evaluation, the Web is one of the offerings communicated via the Internet. It is a group of interconnected documents and different assets connected by hyperlinks and URLs.
6. Researchers recall that the primary search engine turned into Archie, created in 1990 through Alan Emtage, a pupil at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
7. It changed when considering a letter within the English language. The Chinese call it a touch mouse, Danes and Swedes name it ‘elephant’s trunk,’ Germans a spider monkey, and Italians a snail. Israelis pronounce it ‘strudels,’ and the Czechs say ‘rollmops… What is it? The @ signal.
8. Did you know that the authentic URL of Yahoo! Turned into akebono.Stanford.Edu
9. Google got its name from the mathematical discern googol, which denotes the wide variety ‘one followed with the aid of one hundred zeros.’
10. Yahoo! Derived its call from the phrase Yahoo coined through Jonathan Swift in Gulliver’s Travels. A Yahoo is a person who is repulsive in look and action and is slightly human!
11. The Google domestic web page is so bare because the founders didn’t recognize the HTML and just desired a short interface. In truth, the publish button changed into a later addition, and to begin with, hitting the RETURN key was the only manner to burst Google into existence.
12. The phrase ’email’ has been banned with the French Ministry of Culture’s aid. They must use the phrase ‘Courriel’ as a substitute, the French equal of the Internet. This move has become the challenge of ridicule from the cyber community in standard.
13. The first-ever ISP became CompuServe, which exists below AOL, Timer Warner.
14. Did you understand that symbolics.Com became the primary ever area call registered online?
15. According to a University of Minnesota document, researchers estimate the volume of Internet visitors is developing at an annual rate of fifty to 60 in step with cent.
16. If you need to promote your book on amazon.Com, you could set the fee, but they’ll take 55% with a percentage reduction and leave you with the most effective 45 percent.
17. Almost 1/2 of humans online have at least three email bills. In addition, the common purchaser has maintained an equal email cope for four to 6 years.
18. Spam money owed for over 60 in keeping with cent of all emails, according to Message Labs. Google says at least 0.33 of all Gmail servers are filled with spam.
19. Anthony Greco, elderly 18, became the primary man or woman arrested for spam (unsolicited instant messages) on February 21, 2005.
20. The first web page turned into constructed at CERN. CERN is the French acronym for European Council for Nuclear Research and is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
21. The World Wide Web is the most considerable implementation of hypertext, but it is not the only one. A computer help document is a hypertext document.
22. The concept of style sheets was already in location when the primary browser was released.
23. The cope with the sector’s first net server is info.Cern.Ch/ The URL of the primary web page turned into nxoc01.Cern.Ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.Html. Although this page is not hosted anymore at CERN, a later version is posted at w3.Org/History/199921103hypertext/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.Html.
24. The first browser that made the net available to PC and Mac users became Mosaic. It was developed using National Center for Supercomputing (NCSA), led with the aid of Marc Andreessen in February 1993. Mosaic became one of the first graphical web browsers, leading to an explosion in web use.
25. April 30, 1993, is an essential date for the Web because, on that day, CERN introduced that all people may additionally use the WWW era freely.
26. Microsoft launched Internet Explorer in 1995. This event initiated the browser wars. By bundling net explorer with the Windows running gadget, by using 2002, Internet Explorer has become the most dominant internet browser with a marketplace share of over 95 consistent with cent.
27. The development of requirements for the World Wide Web is controlled through the W3C or the World Wide Web consortium. The W3C was based in October 1994 and was headed by Tim Berners-Lee.
28. Only 4% of Arab women use the Internet. Moroccan girls represent almost a 3rd of that parents.
29. YouTube’s bandwidth is necessary to upload and consider all the movie’s value as much as 1 million bucks an afternoon and drawing. The sales generated using YouTube can not pay for its upkeep.
30. According to AT&T vice president Jim Cicconi, eight hours of video is uploaded to YouTube each minute. This is in April 2008. On May 21, 2009, YouTube obtained 20 hours of video content material step by minute.
31. Around seventy-five, consistent with a cent of the tune, is available for download, has never been bought, and costs cash to be on the server.
32. Domain registration became unfastened till the National Science Basis decided to exchange this on September 14, 1995.
33. It is envisioned that one of every eight married couples started through assembly online.
34. Iceland has the best percentage of Internet users at 68 percent. The United States stands at fifty-six%. 34% of all Malaysians use the Internet, while the simplest eight in line with cent of Jordanians are related, 4% of Palestinians, zero., 6% of Nigerians, and 0.1% of Tajikistan.
35. Employees at Google are endorsed to apply 20 line cents in their time working on their projects. Google News and Orkut are tasks that grew from this running model.
36. The technology behind the Internet commenced lower back in the 1960′s at MIT. The first message ever to be transmitted turned into LOG. Why? The person had tried to type LOGIN, but the community crashed after the great load of facts of the letter G. It becomes to be some time before Facebook might be developed
37. According to the University of Minnesota file, researchers estimate that Internet traffic is growing at an annual charge of 50 to 60 percent.
38. Ever since the start of the Internet, record sharing has become a problem for the authorities that controlled it. In 1989, McGill University shut down its FTP indexing website after discovering that it changed into chargeable for half of the Internet site visitors from America to Canada. Fortunately, several similar report indexing sites had already been made.
39. Google estimates that the Internet contains approximately five million terabytes of facts (1TB = 1,000GB) and claims it has simplest indexed a paltry zero.04% of it all! You ought to healthy the Internet on just two hundred million Blu-Ray disks.
40. Speaking of search – One-THIRD of all Internet searches are mainly for pornography. It is estimated that 80% of all pics on the Internet are of naked women.
41. According to legend, Amazon has become the number one buying website online because in the days before the discovery of the quest, large Google and Yahoo could list the sites in their directory alphabetically!
42. The first-ever banner ad invaded the Internet in 1994, and it was simply as awful as these days. The ad became part of AT&Ts “you’ll” marketing campaign and changed into place on the HotWired homepage.
43. Of the 247 BILLION email messages despatched daily, 81% are pure junk mail.
Forty-four. 35.6% of net users are in Asia. With 389 million net surfers every month, Asia is the most important internet crowd among different global areas. In Asia, 10 out of 100 surf the Internet.
45. Only 16.6% of the global population surfs the Internet. Amount of internet surfers in Asia (389,392,28 mil) is eleven times the populace of Australia (34,468,443 mils). 19% of net users are from the United States (210,080,067 mils). Around 18 countries nonetheless would not have an Internet connection. North Korea’s internet penetration records are not publicized.
46. The first Internet worm was created using Robert T. Morris, Jr, and attacked over 6000 Internet hosts.
47. According to The Economist mag, the primary, without a doubt, electronic bank on the Internet, known as First Virtual Holdings, was opened through Lee Stein in 1994.
48. The ‘Dilbert Zone’ Web website online was the first syndicated comic strip web page on the Internet.
49. Did you know domain names could be offered at high costs? The maximum high-priced domain to date, ‘intercourse.Com,’ was purchased via Escom LLC at $14 million in January 2006. Another changed into ‘business.Com,’ which sold to companies for $7—five million in 1999.
50. The Internet is the third-maximum used marketing medium worldwide, carefully catching up with traditional local newspapers and Yellow Pages.